Last Updated January 20, 2023
Information We Collect:
We collect personal information about you in various ways when you interact with the Site. The types of personal information we collect and the manner in which we collect it depends on the nature of your interaction with the Site.
Information You Provide to Us:
We may collect the following personal information you provide in connection with the Site:
- Contact Information, including your name, phone number, email address and any other information you choose to provide when you fill out forms or fields on the Site; when you participate in online surveys; and when you contact us or request information about us, this Site and our products or services (whether by email or other means).
Information We Receive Automatically:
We collect certain information from you automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Log File Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, operating system, browser type, browser ID, date/time of visit, and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our Site, through our Site, and when exiting our Site, as well as your usage and activity on our Site, such as the links and objects you view, click, or otherwise interact with.
- Location Data, such as your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our Site through a mobile device.
Personal Information We Receive From Other Sources and Third Parties
We may also obtain personal information from other sources, which we may combine with personal information we receive either automatically or directly from you:
- Service Providers: We may receive personal information from our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, our service providers may collect your name, email address, physical address, phone number, government identification number, social security number, and other financial information.
How We Use Information:
We may use the information we collect and/or process:
- To fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to process your requests or to respond to inquiries, including verifying your information to ensure its accuracy and validity
- To operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Site
- For our internal business purposes, such as identifying and analyzing the usages trends and preferences of our users and improving the Site, fraud detection, and information security
- To communicate with you, including via e-mail, and send you important information regarding the Site. Because this information may be material to your use of the Site, you may not opt out of receiving such communications. With your consent, we may also send you promotional materials and newsletters. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications by following links provided in the messages or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers or products that may be of interest to you
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Site, technology assets, and our business
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Psychology Works, and, as we believe is necessary or appropriate, to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of Psychology Works, its employees or agents, or other users
- To investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations
We may also use aggregate and/or anonymized information in a manner such that the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of the Site.
We make certain information available to third parties to comply with various reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes. When possible, we provide this information in a de-identified way.
If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information:
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Service Providers. We may share personal information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform functions or services on our behalf. For example, we work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third-party service providers or others to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
Business Transaction or Reorganization. If we are engaged in or contemplating a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
When you use the Site, we may use more cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and other tracking technologies. These tracking technologies are small data files downloaded to or stored on your computer or mobile device that enable us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with the Site. These tracking technologies allow us to help analyze our web page flow, customize our content, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
If you would prefer not to accept such tracking technologies, most browsers or devices will allow you to: (i) change your browser or device settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject such technologies. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your ability to use the Site or certain features of the Site. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all such technologies. In addition, if you want to reject these technologies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser and device you actively use.
Do Not Track Signals:
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option. This Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Third-Party Services: Children’s Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, we will endeavor to promptly delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained a Psychology Works of California account or provided us with information, please promptly alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete the information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users or third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we do not guarantee that information you provide through the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations, and/or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, or enforce our Terms or other agreements. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages in our systems or the systems of those who may process your personal information on our behalf.
Our Contact Information:
Psychology Works of California
655 Oak Grove #846, Menlo Park, CA 94025